Patent Prosecution services involve applying for a patent with one or more national patent offices. Typical patent prosecution starts with a patent application in the U.S. Patent Office.
Up to one year after that initial filing, clients may be able to pursue international patent protection in selected target markets.
Decisions to file outside the United States often turn on several factors, such as:
- Previous disclosures by the inventor
- Product/business strategy
- Additional inventions since filing
- Long-term return on investment (ROI) projections
- Short-term cash flow
Patent prosecution services includes:
- Patentability analysis/prior art search
- Points of Novelty identification
- Patent application preparation
- Patent application prosecution
- Strategic portfolio development
- International patent procurement (PCT and outside U.S.)
Businesses often wish to protect a key market with a portfolio of patent claims. We believe that the most cost-effective and valuable patent portfolios have claims that are directed first to the most commercially valuable “choke points” in any market.
We strive to identify the choke points in each client’s market so we can build strategic patent portfolios to protect those choke points. We also strive to provide litigation-quality patent applications.
Please call to find out about our patent prosecution services.