University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D., cum laude
University of Wisconsin, B.S. Electrical & Computer Engineering
Craige’s legal experience includes a uniquely balanced mix in all phases of the patent life cycle. He previously practiced in the Twin Cities office of Fish & Richardson P.C. from 2003-2009. During those years, Fish & Richardson routinely ranked at or near the top of all patent firms in both patent litigation and patent prosecution.
Craige has a passion to create high business value for small, medium, and large clients by providing comprehensive patent services. He has substantial experience in patent licensing, prior art searching, due diligence, prosecution, opinion, reexamination, and litigation. He has handled cases that involve complex technologies that range from electrical engineering to mechanical engineering, software, and medical devices. For example, Craige has enjoyed particular success in protecting and licensing clients’ complex green technologies that radically improve energy efficiency.
Before attending law school, Craige had significant technical experiences in analog design, power electronics, magnetics, and product development. He was a Design Engineer in the Product Development Group for Plexus Technology Group (1993-2000), where he specialized in analog circuits, power supplies, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and PCB design. He was also a Research Assistant at the Wisconsin Electric Machines and Power Electronics Consortium (WEMPEC, 1991-1993).
As a highly experienced design engineer and accomplished patent attorney, Craige brings a unique combination of legal and technical experience to inform his counsel to Thompson Patent Law clients.
- Board Member, Industrial Advisory Board, College of Engineering at MSU-Mankato
- Admitted to the bar in the states of Wisconsin, Minnesota, and the U.S. District Courts for the Western District of Wisconsin and the District of Minnesota.
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Took numerous courses in the M.S. Management program at North Carolina State University.
- Lecturer and lab instructor for power electronics course at the University of Wisconsin.